To provide updated, researched, and clinically oriented discussion and demonstration of detailed treatment principles and processes that apply to every phase of patient care. To understand how anatomy, physiology, and neurology are to direct patient-specific care in the spine via the chiropractic adjustment. Specifically, to know how and when to address the joint, affect neuroplastic change, and remove tissue dysfunction consequence. To understand functional progression of your healthcare beginning with the restoration of quantity/quality of movement and neurological integrity within the spine while later addressing functional exam failures that both patient and doctor readily observe. Slide show presentation, case studies, interactive assessments and class practice time will be used.
What You Can Expect to Learn:
1. Clearing primary subluxations according to data gained from functional and segmental analysis. Maximizing the affect of your adjustment utilizing functional neurology principles and outcome markers specifically derived from each patient’s findings.
2. Review of the power and purpose of the chiropractic adjustment working Top-Down-Inside-Out with review of Hilton’s Law, mechanoreceptor dysfunction, the afferent/efferent feedback loop, and the biomechanical and neurological effects on the patient’s function.
3. Restoring neuroplasticity (Active Motor Control) retraining/strengthening the neural reflex arc with afferent stimulation that restores both quantity and quality of movement and abnormal postural findings that you and the patient can SEE.
4. General anatomy and neurology review of the Spine/Core. Looking at what you already know (or did know) in a NEW, clinical, and concise way. What contemporary science is telling us about the neurological consequence of subluxation on the rest of the body and understand scientifically WHY and HOW you can get better patient outcomes.
5. Specific and concise Movement Screen of the neck, mid-back, low-back, and pelvis as a hallmark of clinical investigation and patient education on function, utilized visit to visit and at re-eval’s.
6. Functional Neurology Screen (FNS) application to the spine according to postural analysis and other data as the second hallmark of clinical investigation and patient education on function, utilized visit to visit and at re-evals.